Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Removing my wife from my credit card accounts that carry a balance will affect her credit score?

Actually, the accounts are in good standings, never missed a payment. I already removed her from some CLOSED accounts that still carry a balance, and I was wondering whether removing her from other cards that are almost maxed out would impove her credit. The cards are in my name.



Removing my wife from my credit card accounts that carry a balance will affect her credit score?

It depends.



The payment history and account information will continue to show for 7-years after you remove her name if she is a joint signer.



If she is a authorized user it will not report after you remove her name.



Actually if she is a authorized user it will not matter because in September the way that credit scores are calculated is going to change and they will lose any points that they had gained from these accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment