Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Can anyone share a personal story about having bad credit, what your credit score was and the deal y

Be specific about your credit history, how much you put down, what kind of car you got, your monthly payment, etc. I need to know what my chances are. Thanks



Can anyone share a personal story about having bad credit, what your credit score was and the deal you got?

It%26#039;s hard to tell... you will really only know when you go to finance a car.



My previous car that I leased before the one I have now was a VW Jetta. I think the sticker on it was $23,500. My credit score was like 620 or 630. I put nothing down... only tax, tag, title (state of FL) which came to just over $1,000, and got a 3 year lease for $263 a month.



Remember that a big part of it is your negotiating skills. It really doesn%26#039;t have as much to do with credit as they like you to think. Whatever you do, ALWAYS walk away the first time you meet with the dealer. They%26#039;ll call you a few days later to try to sell you again. Always be nice, but keep to your word- always say you can%26#039;t afford any more than XX amount, and don%26#039;t let them talk you down to a lower model. In the end, you%26#039;ll get what you want.



If you%26#039;re buying the car, it%26#039;s a little different. If you can go through a credit union, that would be good because they will pre-approve you and you just walk into the dealer and get what you want with no hassles except for price.

No comments:

Post a Comment